Welcome back, Avon-Avon Lake! I’m here in your inbox today to tell you everything you need to know about what’s going on in town. In today’s issue, you’ll find…
- Enjoy a scenic bus ride around the area to view the beautiful light displays.
- Catch the show “The Little Town of Christmas.”
- Republican meeting!
But first, today’s weather:
Winds becoming strong; rain. High: 54 Low: 38.
Are you a local business owner struggling to stand out in your market? Our newsletter sponsorships can help boost your visibility and attract new customers. Click here to learn more.
Here are the top three stories today in Avon-Avon Lake:
- Would you like to take a lights bus tour? According to cleveland.com, “Hop on an Avon Lake school bus and tour the city looking at the amazing light displays around town December 14 (check-in begins at 5:45 p.m. at the Lake House). Online pre-registration is required and opens to residents at 9 a.m. Nov. 30. Non-residents can register at 9 a.m. Dec. 7 go to avonlakerec.com to register (make sure your account and log in is set up prior).” (cleveland.com)
- “The Avon Lake High School Drama Club will present “The Little Town of Christmas.”
Show dates and times are 7 p.m., Dec. 1-3, and 2 p.m., Dec. 4, at the Dr. Daniel B. Ross Performing Arts Center at Avon Lake High School, 175 Avon Belden Road, according to a news release. Presale online tickets are $7, plus service fee; tickets are $10 after 5 p.m., Dec. 1, the release said. “(Morning Journal.com
- The Avon-Avon Lake Republican Club will gather for breakfast from 8 to 9 a.m. on December 7 at the Sugar Creek Restaurant, 5196 Detroit Road (Sheffield Village Plaza). According to cleveland,com, ” There is no agenda. The event is an opportunity for a free exchange of ideas about current events with like-minded, concerned conservatives. Charles Giunto, board member of Ohio Value Voters, an independent group whose purpose is to educate, inform and influence voters and elected officials in Ohio, will be in attendance. Future breakfasts will occur on the first Wednesdays of the month to help residents get to know fellow Republicans. Guests are welcome. Each attendee is responsible for their own meal.” (cleveland.com)
From my notebook:
- FIDO’s Companion Rescue Inc.: “Meet Gomer! Gomer is a 9 year old boxer-pittie mix and he’s fully vetted. Gomer is potty-trained, walks well on a leash, and a quiet guy. Gomer has a gentle disposition, likes other dogs, and is very snuggly.” (FIDO’s Companion Rescue Inc. via Facebook)
- Avon Lake Public Library: “We’re one week away from Baby and Toddler Story Times in December! These programs are full of music, stories, play, and more for your little ones! No registration needed.” (Avon Lake Public Library via Facebook)
- Avon Lake Public Library: “Want to save money? Learn how to find online coupons fast and easy, as well as different couponing apps and web browser extensions available to save you dough. Register now for this program at https://alpl.librarymarket.com/event/online-.” (Avon Lake Public Library via Facebook)
- Avon Lake Public Library: “Join your child as they create a collection of small handmade gifts for the special people in their lives—teachers, grandparents, siblings, and maybe even you! This program is for ages 4 and up with a caregiver.” (Avon Lake Public Library via Facebook)
- Support Avon Schools: “Soaring Little Eagles Preschool Parent Information Night Are you an Avon resident and interested in your child attending the Soaring Little Eagles Preschool? Do you have questions about the program? This is an adult-only information night.” (Support Avon Schools via Facebook)
More from our sponsors — thanks for supporting local news!
Now you’re in the loop and ready to head out the door on this Sunday. I’ll be back in your inbox tomorrow morning with another update!
— Karena Garrity
About me: Journalism is in my veins. I have been a community reporter for the better part of the past 20 years. I love my small-town community and I am honored to be a part of Patch.com. You can reach me at; email@example.com.
Have a news tip or suggestion for an upcoming Avon-Avon Lake Daily? Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org